Below you'll find a variety of resources to help you act as an Event Supervisor at a Science Olympiad Invitational, Regional, State or National Tournament.
- Interested in becoming an Event Supervisor? Fill out an application here!
- For 2024, all volunteers and Event Supervisors at the local, state and national level must complete this 10-minute online Volunteer Training. You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end. If you have already completed the training, thank you!
- If you are an Event Supervisor for any level of a Science Olympiad Tournament, you must use the official event rules from the current year's manual only. Science Olympiad provides the entire 2024 Rules Manuals for Division B and Division C as free, downloadable PDFs. You can obtain your copy on this website as of 9.5.23.
- All supervisors should be familiar with the Code of Ethics and General Rules and Scoring Policies.
- For more information about your State Science Olympiad Organization, see our list of 50 State websites.
Event Specific Resources for Event Supervisors
- Event Logistics Resource> UPDATED for 2024! Contains information for the 2024 Event Slate in a new condensed format. The spreadsheet form allows for tournament directors to use the information and customize the form to fit their specific tournament needs. Event Information is separated into three easy-to-use tabs:
- Space Allocation
- Supplies Needed
- Tower Facility Guide - Prepared by National Event Supervisors this document contains recommendations on how to arrange your event space to accommodate the 2024 Tower Event. - Coming soon!
- 2024 Scrambler Track Diagram
- 2024 Wheeled Vehicle Track Diagram
- Each of the individual Science Olympiad event pages on this main Science Olympiad site contains resources, links, diagrams, score sheets and other valuable free resources that you can use to understand each Science Olympiad event. You can access the individual Science Olympiad event pages using these links:
- The YouTube Science Olympiad TV Channel has instructional videos, STEM Session career videos, vintage footage and tournament ceremonies that may be helpful as you prepare for your events.
Test Writing Resources for Event Supervisors
- Test Writing for Science Olympiad Presentation (1/12/22)
- Science Olympiad Mathematics Guidelines for Physics Events - The Science Olympiad Physics Rules Committee has prepared these guidelines to help Event Supervisors target their questions to the mathematical ability that students bring to the events.
- Webb's Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Wheel and Question Stems
- This resource helps to identify question difficulty based on the verbs used or the action expected of the participant
- The DOK Wheel can help you move past recall or simple application questions
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Alignment for all 46 Events
Scoring Resources for Your Tournament
- Free download - Excel-based Scoring System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments
- Free download - Tournament and Scoring Management System for Sanctioned Science Olympiad Tournaments
Score Sheets and Team Checklists for Tech/Engineering + Physics Events - All on one page with the most updated version for 2024
Supervisor Guides and Sample Tests
Anatomy & Physiology Division B & C Division Event Supervisor Guide
Astronomy Division C - Archived Samples
- 2019 Event Supervisor Power Point and Detailed Instructions
- 2019 MIT Invitational Sample Image Set, Test and Key
- 2019 UChicago Invitational Sample Image Set, Test and Key
- Sample Image Sets, Tests, Answer Sheets & Keys for 2017 Maryland Regional, 2017 MIT Invitational, 2017 Golden Gate Invitational
- 2017 National Cathedral Invitational Sample Image Set, Test, Answer Sheet and Key
- 2016 Annotated Sample State-Level Test with Instructions
- 2016 Annotated Sample Regional-Level Test with Instructions
- 2016 Regional-Invitational Image Sets
- 2015 Astronomy Answer Pages
- 2015 Astronomy Answer Key
- Webinars from NASA/Harvard's Chandra X-Ray Observatory
Preparing Solutions for Science Olympiad Bio/Chem Events
Disease Detectives Divisions B & C Event Supervisor Guide
Experimental Design Division B/C - Scoring Explanation
Webinars from NASA/Harvard's Chandra X-Ray Observatory
Using Data Collection Technology in Science Olympiad Events