The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. For those who are interested, there is a (Revised for 2015!) Scrambler DVD and a Problem Solving/Technology CD available in the Science Olympiad Store. This event is generously supported by Lockheed Martin, and each gold medal winner at the 2014 National Tournament won a $1,500 college scholarship.
Resources for 2014
- Scrambler Backstop Diagram (PDF)
- Event Scoresheet/Spreadsheet for 2014 (Excel) - Updated 2/20/14
- Team Checklist for 2014 (PDF) - Updated 2/20/14
- Sample Photo Gate Set Up (PDF)
- Sample Laser Set Up (PDF)
- Sample Laser Set Up 2 (PDF)
- Scrambler Power Point from S-CA Coaches Workshop (PPT)
- Science Olympiad Student Center Wiki for Scrambler
- Several YouTube Videos show sample vehicles and braking systems - search "Scrambler Science Olympiad"