The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. This event is generously supported by the Milwaukee School of Engineering's Center for BioMolecular Modeling.
ALL CONTENT BELOW WILL BE UPDATED FOR 2015
Resources and Links:
- Home Page for Protein Modeling Event at the Center for BioMolecular Modeling
- Event Overview Page
- RCSB Protein Data Bank
- Photo Gallery of Science Olympiad Models
- Sample Model using 12 gauge dimensional house wire
- Sample Model using Pipe Cleaners
- Event Supervisor Tips, Notes and Video!
- 2010 National Tournament Exam and Rubrics
- Pre-build Kit and Materials Info (3D Molecular Designs Kits + alternative options)
- Free on-site build material for Regional and State tournaments and free tests for Invitational tournaments plus Invitational Pre-Build Information at the end of this memo
- Materials Request Letter for Tournament Directors and Event Supervisors - 2012 (PDF)