- Wheeled Vehicle
- 2015-02-20 16:45 Does the vehicle have to go AROUND the can or can it go over the can if it is tall enough as there is no height limit?
It must go around the can, vehicles are not permitted to pass over the can.
- 2014-10-22 08:36 Can other parts of the vehicle (not the wheels) extend beyond the 25cm by 60cm rectangle in a ready to run configuration?
Yes, rule 3.c. applies only to the wheels.
- 2015-02-10 20:27 will LEGO Mindstorms (TM) EV3 robo-brick be allowed for the Robo-Cross?
There are no restrictions on which brand kit you use for robo-cross as long as all the rule requirements are met, particularly section 2 Construction Requirements. We cannot rule ahead of time whether your implementation of a particular kit or brand meets the requirements.
- 2015-02-12 19:44 Must the robot always be in contact with the course (i.e. the robot has the capability to fly) at all times during the run?
No it doesn't have to stay in contact with the course, but if it flies it must do so in a safe manner.
- 2015-02-12 19:59 The diagram shows that there will be stacks of pennies. Will the pennies be glued together, rolled up with paper or separate?
The pennies will be loosely stacked and separate.
- 2015-02-20 15:39 What is the maximum object score possible?
456, no time points, no robot points, no penalties. All objects (pennies, legos, ping pong balls, tennis ball) in their maximum scoring position.
- 2015-02-10 20:40 Could you please give a scoring example of Robo-Cross with an example from Section 6 Paragraph b Sub-paragraph v.
The 2X bonus applies to ALL items of a given type if at least one item of that type is in each jug. Example, one ping pong ball in jug 1, one in jug 2 and two on the playfield in any zone. All four get the 2X bonus. Note, if a ball is in zone A or B two times zero is still zero of course.
- 2015-02-10 20:09 Is it within the spirit of the event to just grab one object, move it to zone C and call 'science' quickly (say 5 seconds) to maximize the time score?
Yes, if a team moves one object and calls a stop by saying "science", based upon rule 6.c., it is not a violation of the rules nor is it a Spirit of the Rules violation.
- Bridge Building
- 2014-10-27 18:44 Must the outside width of the Bridge be at least 5.0 cm for the entire span? What does "at any height along its span" mean?
Yes, the outside width of the Bridge must be at least 5.0 cm for the entire span (Div. B - 35 cm and Div. C - 45 cm). "At any height along its span" means that the 5.0 cm width for the entire span can be at any height on the bridge as long as it is not below the top surface of the Test Supports.
- 2014-10-27 18:49 If the outside width of the bridge at the bottom chord is 5cm out to out, can the top chords be less than 5cm out to out in order to better support the loading block?
Yes, as long as the width of the Bridge is at least 5.0 cm for the entire span it doesn't matter at what height the 5.0 cm minimum width is located.
- 2014-11-25 19:31 Can the bridge be say 1cm wide with a thin outrigger along it's length to meet the 5 cm wide requirement?
Yes, that is one way to meet the requirements of rule 3.e.
- 2014-10-27 18:52 May the loading block be placed at any height of the Bridge as long as it is in the center of the span?
Yes, the loading block may be placed at any height of the Bridge as long as it is in the center of the span and not below the top surface of the Test Supports prior to testing.
- 2015-02-13 18:46 It states, "Two identical test supports at least 3cm x 3cm x 15 cm. Can you clarify which dimensions are the height, width, and length?
The Test Supports are at least 3.0 cm high, 3.0 cm wide and 15.0 cm long
- 2015-02-13 18:48 Are the Test Supports screwed into the Test Base so that it does not move, or can the students move the Test Supports, as is stated in section e, "Test Supports that are set by the students."
No, the Test Supports are not attached to the Test Base. Students may move them anywhere within the Bearing Zones on the Test Base.
- Elastic Launched Glider
- 2014-10-27 19:06 Can the other team member help load the glider in the launcher as long as only one member actually launches the glider?
(section: 1 / paragraph: 1 / line: 2)
(section: 3 / paragraph: c / line: 1)
(section: 12 / line: na)
(section: 2 / line: 1)
(section: 4 / paragraph: H / line: 3)
(section: 6 / paragraph: b / sub-paragraph: all / line: all)
(section: 6 / paragraph: b / sub-paragraph: v / line: 1,2)
(section: 6 / paragraph: c / line: 1)
(section: 3 / paragraph: e / line: 1)
(section: 3 / paragraph: f / line: 1)
(section: 4 / paragraph: b / sub-paragraph: i / line: 1)
(section: 5 / paragraph: e / line: 1)
(section: 4 / paragraph: G / line: 1)