Welcome to Mission Possible! In this event, prior to the competition, participants design, build, test, and document a Rube Goldberg®- like Device that completes required Start and Final Actions through a series of specific actions.
The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. You can find free online copies of the current rules for download on the 2022 Rules page of the Science Olympiad website. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence.
Resources & Links
- Construction Tips for Mission Possible Devices
- Sample Action Sequence List(ASL)
- Action Sequence List Editable Template
- Khan Academy Tutorials on Physics
- Wikipedia Site on Rube Goldberg machines
- Digital Download Mission Possible DVD in the Science Olympiad Store
- 1-Minute Video Clip on Science Olympiad TV YouTube Channel
Event Supervisor Resources
In addition to the resources on the Event Supervisors page, Mission Possible Event Supervisors should be sure to use the following resources:
- Score sheet and team checklist
- Event Logistics Manual - (Updated 10/12/21 - fixed broken links & graphics problems) Contains information for the 2022 Event Slate as well as information concerning COVID-19 precautions and Satellite and mini SO tournament formats!