The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. The subject for 2015 is Climate. For those who are interested, the Audubon Weather Guide and the Bio-Earth CD are available in the Science Olympiad Store. This event is generously sponsored by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation.
Links - more for 2015 coming soon!
- NOAA Education Resources
- Sample Exercise/Answers
- American Meteorological Society – The Data Streme Project
- American Meteorological Society – Education Program
- Scioly.org Event Wiki & Test Exchange
- DataStreme Project Participants page
- How the Weather Works
- The Globe Program
- The Online Guides - Meteorology
- The Weather Cycler (a great teaching aid)
- Weather.com – Educational Index
- Weather.com - Storm Encyclopedia