The information below should not be interpreted as an extension of the rules. The official rules in the current Rules Manual take precedence. There is a NEW 2015 Bio-Process Lab CD as well as a Biology & Earth Science CD available in the Science Olympiad Store.
Resources & Links
Tips on Data Collection (PDF) - an excellent overview of the use of several data collection devices from Texas Instruments including sensors and probes; stations at tournaments may incorporate these devices
- 2015 Power Point
- 2015 Event Supervisors Guide (PDF)
- 2015 Training Handout - NEW!
- 2015 Biology Principles Review - excellent general info - NEW!
- Teaching Children Science - Science Process Skills
- Science Process Skills: Classifying
- Process Skills In Science For Children
Science Lab Equipment
Science Process Assessment
Science Process Skills
- Frank Potter's Science Gems – Life Science Measurement & Scientific Investigation
- Triple Beam Balance Gizmo
- Dichotomous Keys
Using Probes and Probeware
- Using Computer and Calculator-Based Interfaces in Biology
- Technology in Education
- Tech Learning - Streamlining Science